Our goal is for our B.T. Washington Hornets to come to school dressed for success and ready to learn. We know how a person is dressed affects his/her attitude and behavior. School is seen as a workplace for teaching and learning when uniforms are worn. B.T. Washington Elementary is not seen as a fashion stage nor as a play place.
Research has shown that the following occurs when students wear school uniforms:
- Greater student achievement
- Better student behavior
- Better grades
- Improved self-esteem
- Better school safety
- Greater school pride
- Creates greater school recognition
- Increased focus on school work
- Fewer discipline referrals
- Fewer suspensions
- Absence of fashion competitiveness
- Reduced clothing costs saving time and money
Thank you for supporting our mandatory uniform policy during this school year. If you have any questions, please call 233-3720.
Collared, plain sleeved polo style shirt in gold, white, or purple or B. T. Washington T-shirt.
Boys: Long shorts, pants in khaki or black, long shorts or pants in denim. No overalls.
Girls: Long shorts, skirts, skorts, pants, in khaki, black or denim. No overalls.
Shirts must be worn tucked into bottom garment so that the belt loops or waistband is showing.
Shirts must have sleeves.
Shoes must be closed toe and sandals must have strap on back.
* Uniform & Dress Code Violations will be recorded on the weekly Behavior Card.